*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675520-Job-Offers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#675520 added November 9, 2009 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
Job Offers

So I've been employed for a week, and I've already gotten two job offers. They're not great jobs... one of them is going back to being an executive assistant for a former boss... and one of them is a film production company start-up that can only afford to pay me half of my previous salary and no benefits until they can raise another round of financing. That could be as early as January, or could be never. *Worry*

I'm tempted to go with the start-up. Some money is better than no money, the wife is working now so we're not dependent on my job for health benefits and paying the bills, and although I would be doing a little of everything (including administrative stuff), I wouldn't technically be an assistant as much as a partner in the company. So if it did take off, the opportunities and money would be commensurate with the growth of the company.

I've always been an optimist, and I really believe in this company's business plan. They know their audience, they know what makes a viable project, and one of the principals is a guy I've worked with before who is incredibly smart and very capable. I have every faith in his (and the company's) talent... but not so much in the economy. You just can't find millions of dollars laying around like you used to. *Laugh*

I guess I've got some thinking to do...

© Copyright 2009 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675520-Job-Offers