*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675546-Miss-Ida-Lee
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#675546 added November 10, 2009 at 3:15am
Restrictions: None
Miss Ida Lee
*Leaf4* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic is coming right along as scheduled *Shock*:

Wow! "NaNo18 Nov4 1393w (nb54) Zack's Black Leather Case [256] is a 1,393 word story picking on Z.˚rz . Who knew I could get so inspired! *Smirk*

The story based on something ShellySunshine wrote is only 604 words, has more dialogue and is humorous: "NaNo16 Nov4 605words (nb57) Hotdogs and Honeybuns [166.254].

Both are definitely R-rated.

With the new arrangement, I believe both can be commented on and individually rated and reviewed, but I won't know exactly how that works until someone does it. Any takers?

Today I wrote a fairly long story that is deeply grounded in the landscape of Kansas. I tore my place apart looking for Ken Lassman's book Wild Douglas County which gives seasonal variations in flora and fauna. There is even an horologe . The book gives me the names of things I might otherwise forget. He makes the distinction of what is found in the marshes as opposed to upland forest as well. Since my LDVs live in the wetlands, most of the stories will take place there.

So... over 11k from 18 pieces entered as of Monday, with approximately 21k (35 pieces) written so far. I'm still ahead of the curve. *Smile*

Miss Ida Lee

Miss Ida Lee
arrived in town with her tropical breeze
rode the cold front like a pack of jackasses,
smacking those who thought that
she'd never get through.
She applauded their defenses.
They had gained some wisdom
since her cousin Katrina had visited,
toyed with them,
got bored with them before she moved north.
Ida Lee hung around
then decided to stay, buy a condo,
fly Delta when she needed a break,
from the insanity of Atlanta,
from this cold dark northern place.
Call me when you need me
she wired her family down in Honduras.
I'm visiting Pensacola; send me a note;
address it to Miss Ida Lee.

© Kåre Enga [166.272] 2009-11-09

*Leaf4* Sketching it out:

Well, I like watching the weather and there has been a lot of controversy this year over forecasting hurricanes.

*Leaf4* Thou:

Talked to Iowegian Skye by phone Monday night. I've been reading blogs too. But I must focus on NaNo.

*Leaf4* Me and Mine:

Ate another spinach croissant, butternut squash, drank a pot of coffee... and then some. No garlic today...

Got to Butterfly Herbs and the library. Checked my mail. My finances look good (better than I do).

*Leaf4* Montana: 29º in Missoula at midnight.
56,736 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675546-Miss-Ida-Lee