*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675661-Goodbye-Rachy
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#675661 added November 10, 2009 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
Goodbye Rachy
Today is a sad one, for I lost a very dear friend.

racheld

I am the first to admit our relationship came about quickly, and it ended way too fast. But we became very close. We bonded over our sons, our writing, family, shared tears and laughter, and even heartache. When I was hell bent on buying my own vehicle, knowing it was making things tense at home, she told me to chill, somehow knew that something was on the horizon for me, and she was right. When I told her about, she did the 'happy dance' for me. The second I put the picture of it in my blog, she pounced to take a look. We even talked about me taking a drive out to see her.

Rachel and I migrated to one another, and I will never regret it, or forget her. She became a huge part of my life. I had my very own cheering section in her. She was always on my case about my homework, essays and Megan's Man. It seems she was a fan of my writing, as I only found out a week or so ago that she made a point to read my entire portfolio. Megan's was a favorite, but half of it was blocked since I have been revamping it here and there for over a year now. The story I wrote so very long ago has no ending. But for Rachel, it will. I was so flattered when we talked about my unfinished book. So much so, that I told her just the other day that I intend to to finish the edits, and write the kick ass ending the book deserves.

So for you my friend, I am going to follow through. No more putting it off. Megan will get her man and her happy ending, just like you wanted.

Not only did I get to know Rachel, but her clan as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all, Claude, Jason, Kyle and Nate. Rachel insisted that when her sons spoke to me they called me Miss T. Made me feel old, and we joked about it often. But then she told me that Jason was talking about me, and she didn't know who he was speaking of, who MISTY was. Well that started weeks of being teased by Rachel about Misty

And I got to thinking. Misty is pretty cool. So along with dedicating my book to Rachy, I finally have my pen name. Yep, that's right. Misty at your service!

For Rachel, Claude, Jason, Kyle and Nate ~ lots of love, and filled with hope...Misty
BOOK
Megan's Man  (18+)
Dedicated to my favorite avid reader, Rachel.
#1282013 by Purple is House Florent


Please stop by and leave a message in Nita's forum.
 Mourning Racheld  (E)
Coming to terms with the death of a friend... friends helping friends.
#1617157 by Chairrider



Live well
Laugh often
Love much


© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675661-Goodbye-Rachy