*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675844-Getting-there
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#675844 added November 12, 2009 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Getting there...
*Snow1* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: Over 13k from 22 pieces entered on-line with approximately 24k (40 pieces) written so far. I'm still ahead of the curve. *Smile*

I wrote in fellow NaNoer Joy 's blog:

Steal time from NaNo? *Shock* no,no,no.

My stories tend to be character driven and as I get to know my characters they take over. "This story is mine" is what I'm hearing a lot. *Rolleyes* Fortunately, there's still a fool at the other end of the pen and sometimes he decides... not in this story! Next!

So... my characters do allow me eat. There're not mean, just bossy. *Bigsmile*


I wrote to chicochica who is lamenting about no NaNo:

DO. IT. IN. MARCH. For yourself. *Heart*

The advantage of my doing short stories instead of a novel, is that there is no little need to worry about chronology. And in the end it is easier to trash killkillkill a story if it doesn't fit. Not being a storyteller is pushing my limits though! And the downside upside is that I'm lyrical so it's not loose in a prosy way that's only good for numbers and makes editing a pain later. The downside is... I need those numbers!


By-the-way, opto does a MarNoWriMo, so watch out for it. *Wink*.

*Snow1* Thou:

Well... how are y'all?

*Snow1* Me and Mine:

Wrote three stories at Bernice's, Butterfly Herbs and The Break Espresso. In between I joined Eric and Hobie at Sushi Hana.

At least I got out! *Laugh*

While the Carolinas and Virginia are dealing with the rains of ex-Ida, we woke up to sugar-frosted mountains. It was actually somewhat bright in the morning in spite of the cloud cover. *Snow1*

*Snow1* Montana: 33º and foggy in Missoula at 11 p.m.
56,789 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675844-Getting-there