*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675890-November-12
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#675890 added November 12, 2009 at 12:31pm
Restrictions: None
November 12
Yesturday was my Anniversary. How sad it just went by as a normal day. I was watching "Say yes to the dress," remembering the day I chose my dress. My limited budget was stretched when I chose an empire waist white velvet dress for my Nov wedding. The dress and long veil came to $119.00 and I thought it was so expensive. I wore it again for a renewal of my vows. My daughter said "I could never surprise you on your 25th," so she did it with pizazz on our 24th. She made me a cute hat with a long tulle train and we were tricked to going to the Mall of America wedding chapel. My mother, just returned to the USA from a missionary trip to Korea, was there with my sister from Green Bay, WI. It was wonderful and I remember it with far more fondness than I do the original day.


Now 37 years have gone by. I am 57 years old. I remember thinking my mother was "old" when she had her 25th and then really old when their 50th came along. This last Aug we celebrated my parents 60th anniversary. Where did all the years go? Why do I feel like life has taken some fast turns? On one hand I love where I am at now. I have 2 published stories, I spent most of this last year writing like I have never been able too. Now I have to work everyday building a business to keep us afloat during our retirement years or however many years we have left on this earth. I don't get to sit here and write hour after hour, day after day. I am lucky if I even feel like writing every day. That changes when I pillow my head at night. The story I am working on now, flows through my mind until I drift off to sleep. There are some blessings in life.


Times change and we all become victims of our envirement, economy and desires. In a perfect world I would have a house to be proud of, (of course, someone to clean it for me) time to write when ever I wanted and freedom to come and go as I please. Oh yes, and the economic where withall to provide all that. That is all for now. It is a cloudy day with promise of more rain here in the Northwest. Life goes on, we have to face it as it comes and deal with it.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/675890-November-12