*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673638-oct-282009
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#673638 added October 28, 2009 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
oct 28,2009
I have been so busy with our new business that I have not had any time to write or blog. Big news, the Oasis Journal 2009 is out. Well, as I found out when I went to B&N, it is print-on-demand. Luckily, I had a gift card that pays me back money. I bought 8 books to give as gifts. This Thursday I will meet with one of the other women, who was also published in the book. We are signing each other's books. This is so much fun.


My father, who I wrote about earlier, is still doing fantastic. He is eating what he wants and living his normal life. At 81, soon to be 82 in Jan of 2010, he will have a normal life. My mother will have back surgery next month. Her spine was cutting off the nerves to her lower body and she would eventually be bed ridden. We told her that since she had been a CNA, she knew what was going to have to happen. Did she want to live like that the rest of her life? She didn't. My sister asked me, "What if she dies on the operating table?" "So what? We know she will be in Heaven and in a better place. What a way to go. Just die in her sleep." Sorry, if that seems cold. When you are just waiting for that trip to heaven, and the alternative is this painful, sometimes boring exsistance, just getting out of here is a reward in itself. I do not want to wish anything but a better life for my parents. Heaven is the ultimate goal, they have had a good life and I don't want them to die painfully sick. I wish them an easy sleep and send off.


So on with my work for the day! I am hoping that this new venture will be so successfull by next year that I will have time to be back regularly writing. Hasta Luego.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673638-oct-282009