*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677537-Skipping-Out
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#677537 added November 24, 2009 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Skipping Out
Today was the first time this semester I've missed my Abnormal Behavior Class. There's a good reason - I'm knee-deep in sinus congestion. Its really weird, actually. Last night I experienced a few sniffles, but nothing too bad. Then this morning I woke up and felt as if the sinus infection fairy had decided to pay me some extra attention. This was a "what the hell?" moment only to be told that I look like I had been hit by a garbage truck. Oh joy.

On the side of caution I didn't go to class because I'm afraid I'm contagious. Since the H1N1 scare my college has been cracking down on sick kids. If you look the least bit sick then you are stared at like a mass murderer. I spared everyone the pain and agony of having me blow my nose every ten seconds and stuck it out at home.

Good news, if I want to look at the positive, I might get a good chunk of my work done. I have a presentation about the conflict in Fiji to present tomorrow, but other than that I'm floating good on time. If I can get over feeling like roadkill I can use this to my advantage. Here's to hoping my antibiotics will kick in soon. *fingers crossed*

Today is my niece's birthday today. B just turned nine years old and its freaking me out. She's already close to my height, she's incredibly smart and funny, and she's one of the most laid-back kids I've ever known. My only regret is not being able to see her and wish her a happy birthday in person. I haven't seen my girl in over a year, and my conversations with her have been few given the situation between me and her father (my older brother). I just hope I don't miss too much more than I already have. Christmas might be just the holiday to turn things around.

To add something interesting to this very odd day, I got a call from my uncle. Its hard to explain without family history, which is probably something you'd rather not hear. Let me put it to you this way, if I could describe my dad and his brothers I would say (oldest to youngest) my father is the "Black Sheep", my Uncle P (the one who called) is the "Dependable One", and my Uncle B is the "Fun One". Don't get me wrong, Uncle B is cool, its just that we haven't had much contact. To get a call and an offer of a ride to Thanksgiving dinner was surprising and heart-felt. I was really moved by the gesture, and look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday.

Its odd. I having this growing feeling of longing building inside me. God only knows why. I just can't help myself from checking my messenger and the time and waiting for someone to show up. Who knows, maybe I'm losing my mind.

Still, even with the congestion, I'm still a leaf in the wind. *Wink*

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677537-Skipping-Out