*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677691-Holiday-Haze
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#677691 added November 26, 2009 at 4:48am
Restrictions: None
Holiday Haze
The holiday haze came a day early.

It was somewhat to walk on a nearly desolate campus yesterday. I'm used to seeing people walking around all the time, holding study sessions out on the tables or smoking cigarettes way too close to the building doors. There were two guys smoking - that's it. Bunnies outnumbered people today.

Arriving in class was even better. A third of my classmates were missing. Everyone was counting the minutes until the three-hour class was up, including our professor. It is to this I credit the fact that my presentation rambled as it did. I was horrible, lol. I didn't look at anyone, rambled on about unimportant facts, and was almost cut off for going over. Still, I think I pulled off what I needed for credit. Yeppy.

Everything is booked for my travels tomorrow. I'm excited, I'm anxious, and a little lonely. The first two are understandable. The third...not so much. Its hard to explain really. The easiest way (which makes me a little sappy) is that I'll be away from my guy, and I'll miss him. Our time together has been pretty choppy for the past couple of months. We've tried as hard as possible to talk everyday but life seems to step on our toes a lot.

Plus, I've been overly girly lately which is freaking me out some. For example, I watch Criminal Minds on my computer tonight after class and nearly burst into tears. The wife of one of the main characters dies in a horrific way and he had to listen her as she was killed. For such a controlled man, he literally let's go of everything to rescue his son. Still was really emotional and heartbreaking and I nearly was reduced to waterworks and in the back of my head I was wondering, "what the hell is wrong with you?". I don't cry at movies or television shows or really ever. Still freaks me out how emotional I've been.

Well, I'm off to finish packing and hop in the shower and meditate. I'll post later about my adventures into the family dinner. Should be an interesting day. I can already tell.

Oh, BTW, my ultimately awesome mentor and sponsor Gothic Angel gone gave birth to a baby girl! From what I understand from the different posts online is that both are doing very well. Great job, Kristy! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677691-Holiday-Haze