*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677687-One-more-day-of-writing-and-I-should-be-there
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#677687 added November 26, 2009 at 3:21am
Restrictions: None
One more day of writing and I should be there!
*Star* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: 28k from 40 pieces entered on-line with approximately 45-53k (76 pieces) written so far.

I wrote to Scottiegazelle (edited to make more sense):

My short stories, et cetera are not driven by action. They are mere scenes and vignettes. It's the characters the reader must care about in the end. Maybe I could use these sketches as an underpinning for an overlying plot and weave an action line through it. But it won't be a "and then, and then, and then" type of compilation.


*Star* Thou:

If you're not at 40k for NaNo by now, figure on a writing frenzy for the weekend. Even if you don't make 50k, just remember that you are X number of words closer. *Idea* For the rest, enjoy your Thanksgiving Dinner, unless you're in England or elsewhere... then I suggest you eat all your carrots... good for the eyes. *Cool*

*Star* Me and Mine:

I went to the Sr. Ctr. Wednesday to eat meatloaf... spent my last $5 and then went to the bank and withdrew more. I'm doing well financially, but when a walk to the bank is the highlight of a sunny day, I'm in trouble.

It was almost warm today too.

I will finish off my goal of 80 sketches on Thanksgiving Day. I am well over my personal goal of 30k words. I am probably over 50k as I write. The story lines are not going dry... I put the pen to paper and I'm frequently amazed. It I truly thought writing was this easy...

...but it's not.

I've given up a lot in November to produce what I've got. Not everyone is as fortunate to be unencumbered by responsibilities as I am. I do know this though. I am so looking forward to December 1st. *Bigsmile*

*Star* Montana: 31º in Missoula and starlit at midnight.
57,147

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677687-One-more-day-of-writing-and-I-should-be-there