*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677876-More-entered-Song-of-Knyflok-done
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#677876 added November 28, 2009 at 2:20am
Restrictions: None
More entered. Song of Knyflok done.
*Star* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: 32k from 44 pieces entered on-line with approximately 48-59k (80 pieces) written so far.

The piece I wrote in response to a "Mother Earth" entry by ShellySunshine is now entered on line: "NaNo43 Nov13 1042words (nb24) Song of Knyflok [166.283]

An excerpt:

Mother Nature is giving me a treat today. I love that woman! It's the Season of Musk Rat Mating. The call of the coyote seems so close. The clear night, clear days, the still of the air. Unless one sleeps it's hard to turn off the inner voice. I can hear the thrum of the river slowly gnawing away at the earth, the slow crack of the land pushed up from below. The days are quiet and short. The night long, quieter still. Mother Earth has given me the gift of hearing my own voice through the hush of this void.


More NaNoWriMo winners: StephBee , Voxxylady , ImagineTryingToLearnToBeSingle Congratulations! I'm cheering for those of you who are almost there *Wink*.

*Star* Thou:

At least I visited some of you today! Was nice to see an entry by dareng. He found out his grandfather doesn't have kidney failure. Which is good news.

*Star* Me and Mine:

So... I have a song in my mind. A very typical (for me) 8.7.8.7 8.7.8.3 meter. The prompting line in my mind: "I would row across that river... just for you."

I went across the street to Bernice's to work on entering my sketches. V.e.r.y s.l.o.w. Like an adagio...

As for my silly poll:
 No Pi on Earth on day after Thanksgiving  (18+)
What does ˚π˚ mean? This poll is a story and you answer that question.
#1621663 by Kåre Enga in Montana
It's gotten a few bites. maybe it's too long or demands that it should be read. I'm sure the 10 second crowd finds it's length annoying. That and the answers aren't just yes/no/maybe/so-what. So... what makes a good poll? The other recent poll:
 Psalm 109:8 T-shirt Controversy Poll  (13+)
Is Psalm 109:8 a call to remove Obama by force or merely a call for the return to sanity.
#1620097 by Kåre Enga in Montana
has over 260 views and 22 answers, so patterns begin to be observed. No matter how good the questionnaire, usually only 5 answers get any response of note (in this case the top 5 accounted for 19 of 22) although everybody's opinion truly is important.

But... Scarlett's Rule of Five does seem to work. *Smile*

*Star* Montana: 37º under Missoula skies at midnight.
57,186

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677876-More-entered-Song-of-Knyflok-done