*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678085-Time-to-count-chads
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#678085 added November 30, 2009 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Time to count chads...
Merit Badge in Nano Winner
[Click For More Info]

CONGRATULATIONS on your achievement! *^*Bigsmile*^*


*Star* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: 34k from 46 pieces entered on-line. Projected total: 59,400. (34 "precincts" have yet to report)

I haven't written anything at all for two days, no even for BotG. *Frown* But I will.

Blood of the Garlic is in three parts I found out.

1. The Awakening (think Kate Chopin)

A woman is bit by a vampire on her deathbed. Now she is old and decrepit and so not dead. She's not amused. She's taken in by a group of vampires who help her adjust. Season: spring-to-summer.

The concept of The Awakening is one of coming to life from inside, a thawing out in a place that feeds the main female character's emotional and artistic means.

2. Bird (think Fugl av Tarjei Vesaas)

A young man isn't too bright. He tries to cope in a world that is not kind to his kind. And he's too hard-of-listening and makes mistakes. He pays for the last one. Season: summer-to autumn.

The concept in Fugl is a young retarded man, Matt, who identifies with a woodcock that rigidly follows the same flight path and is shot. The theme of yearning to be something one is not leads to tragedy.

3. Ice Castles (think Is Slottet av Tarjei Vesaas)

A December to May romance has budded. But the difference isn't merely age. It's the eternity that divides them like a bristlecone pine and a mayfly. Season: winter.

In Is Slottet Siss and Unn are very different people. They are friends and when Unn is lost behind a waterfall in winter Siss mourns her loss and takes on her role until spring.

My Blood of the Garlic will only touch on the themes of the novelettes they are named for, but they help organize the work and I now know who will die (or not...) at the end of each part. *Smirk* So, at this point it helps me focus on what to do with the 80+ disparate pieces. When I'm finished, I'll have over 100 to glean through. Of that I am sure. I will start that process this December. Hope to finish it before next December.

Now... I need to do a hand count as entering and editing has its limits. Should I count chads or not? Is there a judge in Florida who'll help me decide what is what? *Rolleyes*

More NaNoWriMo winners: Budroe Erin J. Roberts Storm Machine Congratulations!

Very close (over 45k): mrziggles Veritas Thomas give them your support!

*Star* Thou:

Yes, I've been reading blogs! Some folks have actually made progress in their personal lives: Just Jamie , chicochica , finnley . They give us hope there are for breakthroughs for the rest of us. *Heart*

*Star* Me and Mine:

Went to Bernice's. Still there. I had a nice long talk with Dustin and Cheyenne about acting, filming, writing. Dustin is a freshman; Cheyenne an actor. They get to watch Harold and Maude, while I'm supposed to watch California. After Dustin and I commiserated about Gillette, Wyoming, I told Dustin he needs to write "Snuffing out Cheyenne" and set it in the landscape of Gillette and it's strip mines (coal). Hell, I might write it!

*Star* Montana: 36º in Missoula at 6 p.m.
57,230


And a wee note for Z.˚rz : Yes, I'm going for a blue month. *Smirk*

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678085-Time-to-count-chads