*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678329-Exhausted
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#678329 added December 1, 2009 at 6:02pm
Restrictions: None
Exhausted

So I think I'm finally done, for the most part, with the "NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon for this year. I still have a few lingering MBs to hand out, and I'm just waiting for all of the donations to make their way into the group account so I can distribute them to the beneficiaries of the activity. But I have to tell you, I'm exhausted. I think I need to find a better way to manage this activity next year because I was doing the accounting (word counts, donation calculations, etc.) for three hours last night, and another five hours today.

I realized that the 5% of the activity funds dedicated to prizes (the other 5% being for the winning team) wasn't going to cover all the MBs that were going out, so between my own sponsorship donations and the MBs today, I burned through over 750,000 GPs of my own funds and gave out 54 Merit Badges, all in the span of about an hour and a half. *Sick*

But hey, it's all in the name of a good cause (or causes), and now I'm looking forward to the rest of the donations coming in and being able to surprise the groups with nice big donations this year. If my math is right (and everybody pays up! *Laugh*), I think we're looking at about 410,000 GPs per group, which is fantastic. *Bigsmile*

And I even managed to get an entry for the official Short Shots contest submitted. It may have been at the last minute, but it still counts.



© Copyright 2009 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678329-Exhausted