*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679176-The-truth-about-Janelles-unborn-child
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679176 added December 8, 2009 at 5:21pm
Restrictions: None
The truth about Janelle's unborn child
However, just as John took that first steep, a loud and very audible, snap is heard, and John fell, screaming in pain.

“John, are you okay?” Julia asked, running up to him.

“I’m fine,” he said, with a slight growl in his voice, as he checked his leg, and wincing as he touched it. “It’s just a bruise, nothing to worry about.”

“No it’s not John, and as a former nurse, I would know,” said Jane, as she walked up to them.

As she placed her hand on John’s leg, John grimaced in pain, especially when Jane felt along the lower part of the limb, between the knee and foot.

“John, I don’t know how to tell you this, but both the tibia and fibula of your left leg are defiantly broken,” she said. “You shouldn’t walk on this leg for several months at least.”

“That’s about the only problem when I’m in my human form,” said John. “It takes a beating, keeps ticking, but when it breaks, it takes a long time to heal.”

“How is he to rescue Janelle with a broken leg?” Julia asked, with worry in her voice.

“I don’t know,” Jane said. “But I can give him something for the pain.”

With that, Jane bit John’s leg, causing him a ton of pain.

“It should go away in a moment,” she said. “I injected your leg with a local anesthetic, and some paralyzing venom.”

“Great,” John said, with a growl. “So not only can’t I feel it, I can’t even move it. How am I supposed to fight like this?”

“I can help you out with that,” said a deep voice.

“James, I wasn’t expecting you to be here,” John said, turning his head. “Julia wasn’t in any danger you know.”

“I know,” said James, kneeling down to look at his friend. “But I could sense her worry, and when that vampire assistant of mine said that his uncle was here, I knew I had to come.”

“Joseph should have known his nephew was partially under your control,” John said, with a groan. “What is it that you have that will help me fight him if necessary? Is it something to fix my leg?”

“Well, I can heal your leg, somewhat,” James said.

“How much is somewhat?” John asked.

“I can reduce it to a minor sprain," James said. "But that won’t be enough to fight with.”

“Hell, even with a sprain I’d be barely able to walk without assistance,” John said, with a growl.

“I know that," James said. "That’s why Clara will help you out.”

“Don’t you still need her to help you move?” John asked, as he knew how bad James had been injured when he had dealt with those who had murdered his sister and kidnapped his niece.

“Not really," James said, with a slightly wicked smile. "I’ve forced Samual to do that for her. Guy makes a decent pair of pants and shirt, don’t you agree, Samual?”

“I’ll kill you,” said a muffled voice. “I will choke you to death.”

“Not likely,” James said, pulling on his sleeve, as if he was going to tear it. “You need me to turn you back to ‘normal’. I guess that means until then, you be and do as I say. Now tell us, what is your uncle planning to do to Janelle?”

“I won’t say a thing with that vegetarian around,” the shirt said, with a huff in its voice.

“You better talk,” John said, grabbing a hold of the shirt and pants, a.k.a. Samual. “Otherwise I will tear you in half. I know that James has Clara, so he wouldn’t be naked for long at any rate. You on the other hand, will be in pieces, as if you were a rag, and then burned like one. Now talk, you little shit stain.”

“Okay," Samual said, with fear in his voice, as one of the threads started to give way. "He will kill her if you don’t show up, except.”

“Except what, Samual?” John asked, tightening his grip.

“Except that he is not able to kill her," Samual said, with a bit of a grumble. "Blood cannot kill blood after all.”

“What are you saying?" John asked, as he knew that, biologically, Jeff was not Janelle's father. "Is Janelle a Redblood or of one of you family’s branches?”

“No, that human is nothing more than a piece of human trash is all," Samual said, with contempt in his voice. "However, she is pregnant with one of Redblood blood.”

“Explain yourself Samual,” John said, as he pulled tighter on the shirt and pants.

“Easy," Samual said, with some smuggness in his voice. "Before you saved her, Uncle Joseph had his way with her, before he left her to his cronies.”

“Nice try,"John said, with a growl. "She wasn’t raped. I would have smelled it on her.”

“Not if he had washed her afterwards," Samual said, with some fear, as a seem started to tear. "He then altered her memories, so she wouldn’t remember it.”

“Then, why did his men try to kill her?” John asked, with anger in his voice at this revalation.

“Oh, they weren’t ordered to kill her," Samual said, with even more fear, as John started to shift his hands into claws. "They were to throw you off the scent, and to kill you if possible.”

“So, does your uncle think that I will kill Janelle to kill his child?” John asked, as his face started to become wolf-like.

“He probably does,” Samual said, in a tone that suggested that he would of wet his pants if part of him wasn't a pair already.

“Well, you tell him this," John said, as he shifted back into his human form. "I won’t kill Janelle, not even to kill his child. The child is an innocent, unlike him.”

With that, John let go of the clothes, and turned around.

Then James said, “He’s not completely right.”

“What do you mean?” John asked, with a sob/growl in his voice.

“It is true that Janelle carries a child of a Redblood," James said, as he put a hand on his friend. "But she also carries one of your bloodline.”

“What do you mean?" John asked, as he looked up at his friend, something that he wasn't used to doing himself. "Is she pregnant with my child as well?”

“Yes John, she is," the wizard said, with a light smile. "When I saw her last week, I sensed two lives growing in her, one of a vampire, with blood similar to Samual here, and one with blood like yours, part human, part werewolf, and part giant.”

“Are you serious?" John asked, his eyes bulging. "A child of my blood grows in her?”

“I am very serious about this," James said, as his smile widened. "You are the father of one of the children.”

“How old are they?” John asked, as he started to think, as the only time that he had had sex with Janelle was just the one time.

“Almost three months old,” the wizard said.

“Damn,” John said. “How am I going to tell her father, both about her being kidnapped, and being pregnant?”

“I know already,” said a deep voice, which was followed by the ground shaking heavily.

© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679176-The-truth-about-Janelles-unborn-child