*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679177-A-fathers-request
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679177 added December 8, 2009 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
A father's request
When John turned around, he saw, lying on the ground, as well as, all covered in blood, Jeff Snapjaw, his boss, and the father of the woman he loved.

“Jeff,” he said, struggling to get up and get to him. “What happened?”

Jeff rolled his head up to look at him and said, “She had just told me and my wife that she was pregnant when they showed up. They killed Nadine, my lovely wife, killed me, and took her.”

He then placed his hand next to John and said, “Save my daughter, and my grandchildren. They may not be of my blood, but they are still, mi-ii-ine.”

With that, his eyes just glazed over, never to see the light of living again.

“Jeff! You can’t leave yet! Who will run the school with you gone?” John shouted, pounding on the stiff scaly hand.

“I’m dead, not deaf!” said Jeff’s voice.

John looked up and saw Jeff’s large T-Rex shaped ghost.

“I am not going until I see my daughter, safe and sound, in your arms,” he said, in his loud, and somewhat booming, voice. “Besides, as Vice-Principal, you happen to be the one who is next in charge, when it comes to the school, that is. When this is over, the whole school is yours. I know you will take good care of it.”

“You know that you are putting a whole lot of faith in the same person who broke your nose and busted a couple of your ribs,” John said, with a nervouse chuckle.

“And who would be better to do the job anyways," Jeff's ghost said. "I saw the fight you had with those parents. Even when they ganged up on you, you still took them on and took them out. I know that you will keep those students safe, not only from each other and the teachers, but from other people. You have the heart of a protector, which is what a school needs in a principal. I know you will do the best damn job you can do. Now, let’s go get my daughter back.”

“Not so fast ghost,” said James. “John needs to be healed up, and even then, he won’t be able to walk without help.”

“Then get to work wizard,” Jeff said loudly. “I can’t rest until my daughter is safe and sound.”

“And she will be,” James said. “The bastard who killed you and took her has two major weaknesses.”

“And what would those be?” the ghost asked.

“First, one of the children Janelle carries is of his blood,” James said, pointing at John. “This will help to strengthen any spell I place on him, so he can beat him. Second, the other child is of that bastard’s blood.”

“What do you mean?” Jeff asked, with some worry in his voice.

“The one who killed you and kidnapped, and had raped, your daughter, was a Redblood," James said, as he gave a sly smile. "And if I know my races, vampires cannot harm those who are, or carry those of, their blood.”

At this, Jeff chuckled wickedly.

“And they know what their relatives know,” he said. “Explains how the Redblood on the school board knew about my plans to change the school’s rules before I even talked to the board about them. Little Redblood heard me and sent the information, even though he’s not even born.”

Jeff then looked at James, saw his clothes and asked, “Is that Samual Redblood you’re wearing?”

“Yes, it is,” James said.

“Good,” Jeff said.

He then looked at Samual and said, “Tell your uncle that a ghost from his past says ‘hi’ and by the time John is through with him, he will wish that I had failed him and turned him into fertilizer for the school grounds.”
© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679177-A-fathers-request