*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679634-Cake
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#679634 added December 12, 2009 at 9:35am
Restrictions: None
Cake

Today is my mentor's (and good friend's) birthday. Oddly enough, we we're born only a day (and quite a few years) apart. *Laugh* I can safely say that up until this point in my career (my executive career in the entertainment industry, not my writing career), everything I know has either been directly from him, or as the result of his encouragement and guidance to learn it for myself. Starting a few years ago, when I was his assistant, I didn't have a lot of money - and he doesn't like to make a big deal about his birthday - so I made him a simple birthday cake from scratch to thank him for everything. Well, it wasn't really so simple... it was a dark chocolate brownie cake with raspberry jam filling and double-chocolate frosting... *Bigsmile*

But over the years, even as I've made more money and we've both moved on to different jobs, it's become a tradition that I make some kind of homemade birthday cake for his birthday. Last year, I surprised him at his office on one of the movie studio lots with a white chocolate fudge cake... and this year I'm going to continue the tradition. The wife and I are going to go visit his family this afternoon. Just as soon as I can figure out what kind of cake to make!

Keeping the tradition alive... and not sure how I feel about getting older myself tomorrow. heh

© Copyright 2009 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679634-Cake