*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679337-Took-The-Plunge
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#679337 added December 9, 2009 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
Took The Plunge

Well, as the new URL of this blog implies, I made the leap and changed my username. I sent out an e-mail to all of my friends and groups to tell them it's been changed, and so far so good. I only overlooked two things in my transition:

*Note6* I forgot to make a note of the e-mails in my inbox... I use my inbox as a "to do" list, filing away e-mails or deleting them after I finish whatever I need to do with them. I didn't write down which e-mails were in my inbox before switching over. Oops.

*Note6* I updated the username tags in all of my group items, forums, etc. ... but I realized that as the editor of the UEN, there are 50+ individual newsletters in the archive that link to my old username, which means that I either have to do a lot of editing, or leave all those newsletters with dead links to my old and now non-existent original username. I think I'll end up transitioning them all... a few at a time until everything's updated.

Other than that, things seem to be pretty good. I feel like the new username (and as a result, the new portfolio and blog URLs) is a little more professional, and I'm sure the kinks will work themselves out. At Jace's great suggestion, I think I'll write an editorial about the process, so other people can read about what all goes into changing a username, from a pretty active member of WDC for whom the change impacts a lot. *Smile*

© Copyright 2009 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679337-Took-The-Plunge