*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680155-Declarations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1554334
a journal in short bursts that might occasionally even rhyme
#680155 added January 27, 2010 at 4:01pm
Restrictions: None
Declarations
He said to her, you are the thing I was waiting for my whole life.  I wouldn’t want to live in a universe you weren’t in. 

She didn’t know if she should believe him.  It was the kind of line designed to make her heart kick up a beat – which it was; like most of her kin she was unreasonably sentimental – without necessarily meaning anything.  Yet this was the most serious she’d ever seen him, a rare furrow marring his brow.  From what she could tell he was sincere.  At any rate, she’d already made up her mind.  She threw herself into his arms, her spastic arms clobbering him across the chin in her haste to embrace him.  It would take time to learn her limbs, awkward and pubescent.  He didn't seem to mind.

Up close she could see her true image – a small dark fairy with green hair and sharp teeth – smiling back at her from his pupils.  Ouch, he complained, that hurt.  Still he enfolded her, making a nest of his jacket for her to burrow in.  She was safe for the time being, wrapped in pixie magic and lover’s words. 

I want to eat you up.  Then I will always have you with me, she murmured into his chest.  The words were too soft for him to hear, she imagined, because he jumped when she bit him. Her teeth were sharp enough to draw blood, even through the layers of clothing.  Licking her lips she snuggled deeper, satisfied.  The bindings would hold true now, whether he had meant the words or not.



© Copyright 2010 romance_junkie (UN: pepsi2484 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
romance_junkie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680155-Declarations