*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680919-Prompt-3-December-23-2009
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#680919 added December 24, 2009 at 1:54pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt #3: December 23, 2009
My response to the third prompt in the Frontliners 12 Day of blogging contest, which is to complete the line Answer this Q. Is Christmas too commercialized or why? Or what can we do about this ... ??


Every year a week or so before Thanksgiving the Christmas selling begins. E-mail arrive pushing personalized letter from Santa Claus or selling the perfect Christmas gift. There is even a online site called Black Friday where you can buy Christmas gifts at a discount.

Beginning on the first Sunday in December the newspaper inserts began pushing the perfect Christmas gifts. A person does not even have to go into the store to buy the item, just go online to the stores web site and make your purchase. Then on the Wednesday before Christmas, the “human interest” stories begin concerning unusual Christmas gifts.

In Las Vegas, a person can go to one of the Hotel-Casinos to buy unusual Christmas gifts. The shops in the Hotel-Casino “malls” carry gifts such as white and dark chocolate Santa boots for about $50.00. You can buy other unusual gifts in the shops as well. If you are looking for something for the person who has “everything” then go to one of this shops and you can find a gift between $1,000.00 and $50.00.

How do we remedy this? The problem is that the majority of the world does not understand the concept of gift as expressed in the birth of Christ. The gift of Christ concerns sacrifice and other spiritual concepts. Christmas will remain Commercialized as long material and/or monetary is consider more important then spiritual.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680919-Prompt-3-December-23-2009