*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681116-Time-On-My-Hands
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#681116 added December 26, 2009 at 7:42pm
Restrictions: None
Time On My Hands
It is officially the day after Christmas, and I'm looking toward the new year already. Over the course of the next couple of days I hope to plot out some things that might be happening with me - educationally, family-wise, and professionally (meaning here of WDC). Then, of course, you've got to look back on all that has happened and end it with a "Dear Me" Letter. And as the finishing finally, I'll be switching my work over to a new blog while retiring this one here. Sounds like a plan, right?

((Educationally))

Most of my grades for this past semester have come in with one remaining. I have aced it. *Bigsmile* I shouldn't say I though. I had poking and prodding and encouragement from those closest to me. When lack of faith came, I turned to my mom for comfort. When lack of ability came, I turned to my guy for encouragement and a swift kick if necessary. Its funny how you don't really see how much you love and are loved until you get into a situation where you need them or vice versa. Its a beautiful system.

I'm actually taking an extra course this semester, but I think it will only bring me good things. Along with my regular course load I'll be learning the ancient techniques of Tai Chi Ch'uan, which I hope will help me learn to better relax. LOL I freaking need to learn how to better meditate or my heart won't be able to handle the strain anymore. Or my lungs. Or my brain. It should be interesting though. I remember when I used to drive into San Francisco with my mom and we'd pass the parks where the older folks were having their morning rituals. It seemed so peaceful. Hell, maybe I can achieve that too.

I'm also doing a good blend of General Education requirements with classes I want to take. It wouldn't be surprising if I have way more credits than necessary when I transfer into a four-year university simply because I can't just taken gen. ed. by itself. Way too boring. I need something that stimulates the mind as well. Supposedly, this is what makes me something called a Scanner. My godmother Lissa told me this. Who really knows? lol

Here is the list for next semester:

Tai Chi Ch'uan
Math 251
Cultural Anthropology
Biological Anthropology Lab
Women in Contemporary Society
American Government


The last two are online, so that gives me way more time at home. Plus, the lab and Women in Society won't start until February while the others start mid-January. I think this will be a good mix going only to class on Tuesday and Thursdays. It gives me a day break in between and a long weekend. I'm happy with the schedule at the moment, but then again, things are bound to change. Such is life, no?

Hope everyone is still feeling the holiday sensation. *Smile*

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681116-Time-On-My-Hands