*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683071-FL-7-Day-Blogging-Challenge-Day-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#683071 added January 9, 2010 at 1:09pm
Restrictions: None
FL 7-Day Blogging Challenge Day 1
Prompt for January 9: Putting away holiday decorations in your attic, you stumble over an old Journal you don't remember ever seeing before. Whose Journal is it, and what is the inscription on the first page?

Here There Be Dragons


The journal lay at the bottom of Granny Jenni’s trunk. I don’t know how I could have missed the journal when I took Granny’s antique Christmas decorations out on Black Friday in 2009, but I missed it; however, when I opened the trunk on Epiphany 2010 the journal glitter in the candle light.

I know none of the family came into the antic during that period. I’m the only one in the family brave enough to come into the attic for anything. Me, the person with arachnophobia, the only one who will come into the attic to get anything, of course, I haven’t encounters spiders, spider webs or even dust in the twenty years we’ve lived here. My sister might be right this attic is haunted.

On the front of the journal was a golden dragon with emerald eyes. I picked up the journal and opened it. On the first page the inscription, in Granny’s handwriting, read: This is the personal of Jenni Maxine Mayfield O’Hara and Here There Be Dragons.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683071-FL-7-Day-Blogging-Challenge-Day-1