*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686284-Rules-Brittania
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#686284 added June 22, 2013 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
Rules Brittania
Below are a sample of the sort of questions included in the Life in the U.K. test, which seemingly is the prime requisite for Mey Ling to obtain indefinite stay here. It was difficult to choose which to include as so many are perfect examples of stupidity and irrelevance.

1.What percentage of the UK population stated that they were Christian?

Over 60%
Over 70%
Over 80%
Over 65%

2.The title of Prime Minister is called

Hansard in Latin
Primus inter pares in Latin
The President in Latin
The Chancellor of Exchequer in Latin

3.What percentage of children live with both birth parents?

45%
50%
55%
65%


4.Where does Santa Claus come from?

South Pole
North Pole
Poland
Iceland


5.Consuming a lot of alcohol in one session is known as what?

Party drinking
Booze drinking
Binge drinking
Hard drinking

Each test is supposed to assess the understanding of the English language and knowledge of life here. The tests consist of 24 questions and to pass a candidate must achieve a 75% score.

My question would be -

What proportion of residents in the U.K., regardless of nationality, could score 75% on this test?

0.5%
1.0%
2.0%
5.0%

Paul and Mey Ling's story has now hit the headlines in a local newspaper, with mixed comments from the public as expected. I'm wondering if the test should include a question about what percentage of the supposed tolerant Brits are still bigoted, ignorant, racist and have not a drop of the milk of human kindness for anyone but themselves.

If I was British, I'd be ashamed right now, but as most of my family are I will continue to fight their cause until the bitter end. Hell hath no fury like a Scarlett scorned. To be continued...

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686284-Rules-Brittania