*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686292-Rimrocking-through-North-Dakota-on-February-1st
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#686292 added February 3, 2010 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Rimrocking through North Dakota on February 1st.
It is sunny and inviting outside. I've boiled my Turkish coffee and feel somewhat awake. I took a nap yesterday, then went to bed early.

Sunset over Bismarck:



Rolling thru North Dakota on Rimrock Trailways:

Rattle of bus, sound and smell of an 18 month old, sticky cloy of piss on the window vent, beige cattails sticking up through light snow, beige-white of rolling landscape, grey-white of empty sky, puff of air from the window vent, the road signs flashing by... soft rumble of a plow, a field of withered cornstalks, dark gash of open water, buffalo (white on brown), flat pan of a frozen lake, purple tarp over a truck of logs, ducks.

We watched the 1969 movie Pain Your Wagon from Jamestown west. This is the video of "The Call the Wind Mariah":



Same music with a PA slideshow, has the words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgLNuXSaSc&feature=related

A useful quote that may prompt you to write: "Smoke may burn your eyes, but only people can make you cry."

A prompt: "Oscar the Death Cat" or the cancer-sniffing dog or the fish that predicts earthquakes... Sci-fi or fact, gotta love cats!

Oscar: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100202/od_nm/us_books_cat

Montana: 28º and rays of gold in Missoula at 10 am.
59,062

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686292-Rimrocking-through-North-Dakota-on-February-1st