*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687299-With-each-ray-of-sunshine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#687299 added February 12, 2010 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
With each ray of sunshine...
There was sun for a moment... and we basked in its warmth. Mid-winter released its death-grip on the river running through us and our veins turn a warmer shade of blue. The ravens flew off to the river over the melt at the asphalt's edge and the snirt became greyer with each bird-chirp. On the other side of the yellow-brick depot, the frigid Clark Fork flows and beyond lay the mountains freshly frosted with snow. There was sun for a moment... and then it had to go.

*Note5* Other writers say...

Robert Hass will be in Denver at AWP in April 7-10.

Robert Hass "Cuttings" read by Poetivity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aMJ0r_LGvw&feature=related

Robert Hass lecture for Lunch Poems:



*Note5* Thou:

I've been following some of you in FB. I was shocked to find out Hailey and I have a common friend here in Missoula... we probably have more, but still... didn't expect it to be Chris!

There is more sorrow too... Debi Wharton has it all written down I'm sure. It's hard to see friends suffer through the loss of a child, no matter the age.

*Note5* Me and Mine:

I'm sitting in Bernice's in my alpaca sweater (too warm for a jacket) thankful that the sun isn't baking me but mourning its passing. Missoula would be easier to live in if there were more sun.

Winter is one of the reasons only outdoorsy hardy folks stay here in Montana. Western Montana is mild but cloud-gloomy. Eastern Montana has sunshine that will kill you if you step outside. Anything under -30 is deadly.

If I could live here Summer-Autumn and in Oklahoma Winter-Spring I think it would be grand. That or Winter-Summer in Costa Rica, Montana in Autumn and Oklahoma in Spring. *Delight*

*Note5* Miss A. Lou: Oh where, oh where did the sun go? 45º at 1 pm! Montana Standard Time.
59,295

Ack... Another ray of sunshine!

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687299-With-each-ray-of-sunshine