*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687811-February-Blogdown-Entry-Day-3-Feb-17
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#687811 added February 17, 2010 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
February Blogdown Entry Day 3: Feb. 17
Describe your Ideal Writing Environment. This can be one you already possess, or a dream of yours. Describe in vivid detail so readers can participate vicariously, please.


My ideal writing environment is a room with a picture window I can look out and see the variegated weather of the city. At present, my computer set against the south wall of my living room right next to the picture window, which looks out into my front yard. I have a view of the sky above my garage and my garage. Since I like the view I have, that would be part of my ideal writing environment.

I like my writing environment the way it is today. There are things I would add to the environment and things I would remove from it. I can look across my living room and see the bookcase. Setting on top of the bookcase are several items that have sentimental value. There is a Christmas Tree Angel dress in white fur and satin. She was on the last Christmas tree we (Mom and I) had.

We no longer celebrate Christmas, so I gave the artificial tree and its decorations away several years ago, but I kept the angel. Next to the angel are two Y2K bugs, one of them will make a crashing noise if dropped on the floor. Then there is a glass case two red artificial roses in it, which plays a tune when wound. The last item is a black lava statue, which my brother brought back from Hawaii.

Setting on my computer desk by my computer are bottles of my medication. I know most people keep their medication in the kitchen or the bathroom, but I keep mine by my computer because it helps me remember to take the tablets.

The things I would add to my writing environment are some cactus, a percolator, coffee grinder and two coffee cups. One of the cups would be a small white cup and the other a large mug. The reason I would add the cactus and not any other plant is that cactus are the only plants I cannot kill. I want the coffee grinder because I like the taste of whole bean coffee and the aroma of the coffee as I grind it. As for the percolator, I like the sound it makes when brewing coffee.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687811-February-Blogdown-Entry-Day-3-Feb-17