*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688714-an-angel-comes-carrying-a-harp
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#688714 added February 26, 2010 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
an angel comes carrying a harp


ridinghood is croning!

I wanted to pull a card today to accompany the following questions:


What do I most need to know or learn today?
How can I be of service to life today?
What is my most helpful resource today?
How can I succeed in every way today?
What nourishes and sustains me today?
How can my wisest, most loving self express itself today?


I didn't have a tarot deck conveniently at hand but did have the Sabian symbol cards on my desk. I pulled Capricorn 9---an angel comes carrying a harp.

I have just finished working 11 days straight and I am recovering with 3 days off. Last Friday David, my husband, quit his job. Now, it was a crappy job, but it was a job. He turns 62 in April and the plan is for him to take early retirement if nothing full-time opens up for him. I, however, don't have that option. I am now the chief bread winner and provider of health insurance. I am tired, stressed, and though it's trite, completely burned out. I need an angel carrying a harp.

The message of this card is that messages of love and hope are arriving. I hope they get here promptly!!!!!

This Symbol assures that there is a possibility of absolute serenity and a symbol of being relaxed and reassured. I AM WAITING!!!!!!!!!

Seriously-----I am choosing to read from Thomas Merton's "Book of Hours" this week-end and to rest and meditate. I am going to make healthy "green smoothies", to take long bubblebaths, and to not dwell in worries for the future and financial concerns. Unfortunately, it is too cold in Florida to go swimming in the Gulf or the pool----but I will bundle up and visit the shore.

I am going to nap, sit in the sun, listen to angelic music, and stay in the presence of NOW as Eckhart Tolle would want me to do.

I spoke with my ex-husband yesterday----he advised that it is no longer about being right, or political parties, or religion or anything. As a history teacher he says he has begun looking at the long view----either we as a species will evolve into something better, something we cannot even conceive of, or we will annihilate ourselves. We are just here...enjoy the ride. And this is from a man whose home is going into foreclosure. He had refinanced and re-mortgaged to save our son's business, that eventually went bankrupt anyway, and with the crash in real-estate values can no longer keep up the payments. I am angry at our government, politicians, corporations, etc. etc.

Merton says, "nowhere, except in pagan Rome, has there been such a flowering of cheap and petty lusts and vanities as in the world of capitalism, where there is no evil that is not fostered and encouraged for the sake of making money.........we must devote ourselves with generosity and integrity to real values...."

I awoke last night at 2:22 AM....a time that I personally associate with Mother Mary, the Goddess, the feminine face of God. I asked her to send me a message in my dreamtime to help...I dreamt of a family re-union with generations of kin and kindred. Robert Frost once remarked that he could sum up all he knew in three words, "Life goes on". And so it does.






© Copyright 2010 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688714-an-angel-comes-carrying-a-harp