*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690063-Feeling-Blue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#690063 added March 12, 2010 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
Feeling Blue
My sister has been over this week to help out with hospital visiting and other formalities. It's at times like this I thank God I'm not an only child.

We're told Dad has to make more effort with eating, drinking and movement if his recovery is going to take place. He's rather lazy, but at his age he has a right to be. He doesn't seem concerned or as if he can be bothered with much and I quite understand, but feel helpless as to what to do. Life doesn't come with a get out clause and none of us know what lies ahead. I have a feeling whatever it is, it's not going to be very good, but I have my very negative head on right now.

We're looking at weeks more of hospitalisation, physiotherapy and trying to get some input from the powers that be to help us come to some conclusions. I'm feeling much like Dad, with little energy or enthusiasm for anything. Although I should be used to these sort of situations by now, for some reason this latest episode has knocked out all my stuffing. I’m just feeling so weary of everything and struggling to cope with each day. Taking one at a time is the advice I always give to others and I have to try to take it on board myself.

Sis is going home today and with the approach of the English Mothering Sunday this weekend; emotions are all over the place. Apologies for my sorry state of mind and lack of input here, but I know you will understand. When I manage to pull my socks up and get my head round something other than hospitals I’ll try to catch up a bit. Thanks for all your kind thoughts. One day I may shock the world by having a good piece of news to share, but I won't hold my breath.


© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690063-Feeling-Blue