*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691463-Technological-Issues-plus-poems
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#691463 added March 26, 2010 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Technological Issues plus poems
Word count: 513

When in doubt reboot
Be sure to save your hard work
The wind is blowing

Patience a virtue
Technology requires that
We practice patience

For the past few days, I have encountered technical issues with my browser. It is slow and in order to access a website I have to click on the link several times. I did several virus scans, which detect some spyware that the program virus program handled. I deleted cookies and browsing history. I removed a toolbar and a couple of other items that sometimes produced error messages when I surfed the Internet.

I still have a connection problem. It helps if I delete cookies and history before exiting my browser. That does not solve the problem, but it helps. I have to type in the address or copy and past the link into the address window. At this point, I am not sure what to do next. I may call a computer tech to come to the house and do a diagnostic on my computer. However, before I do that I am going to clean out my favorites because there are several items on that I no longer use. After that, if I still have the problem then I am going to have to call the tech.

Sometimes my browser works great and at other times it is slow as molasses in January. It seems to get hung up waiting and waiting and waiting, but when I click the link in the address window it take me to the website. Sometime I have to copy a link from an e-mail into the address window to get to the website. Sometimes I can click on the link and my browser finds the website immediately. I am almost at my wits end concerning this issue.

The only thing I have did in the past few days is update the AVG free virus scan program. The issue could have to do with space on my PC, if that is the problem then I am going to have to buy some new memory. It could be a memory issue because in January or February, I changed the look of my desktop because the graphic I used took up too much space and caused problems when I attempted to run other programs. Perhaps I need a new computer.

The weird thing is that when I delete the browsing history and cookies it is easier to get to a website. I just cannot figure out what the problem, maybe I need to stop saying “I cannot figure out what the problem is” and instead just list everything logical and illogical that could cause the issue.

This computer issue is just one more thing I have to deal with this month or maybe I should say this year. Perhaps this is a test of patience or persistence, which ever it is I wish I would pass this test so I can get on to the next test or have a break from tests and difficulties of a day or a week, oh well, that life.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691463-Technological-Issues-plus-poems