*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691523-A-Day-in-the-Life-of
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#691523 added June 28, 2013 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
A Day in the Life of...
I give credit and apologies to NOVAcatmando for the following entry which has none of the beauty and depth of her own. But inspired by the comment from partyof5 , here is my version of my Saturday timeline.

8.00am

My brain cell woke up before the rest of me wanted to, so I told it to shut up, turned over and went back to sleep.

9.30 am

Blasted from my fitful rest by the phone, so had to give in and get up. It was hubby’s uncle informing me there was a good price on televisions at a nearby supermarket. I told him we bought a new one a fortnight ago, and then groped my way downstairs to find the kettle and computer switches. I avoided any mirrors, knowing from experience my hair would be definitely unattractively frumpy and my eyes glazed and puffy. After some fruit, toast, two cups of tea and several coughing and sneezing fits, I signed out from the computer and headed back upstairs.

11.30am

After completing ablutions, I realised I had neglected to clean the bog and bathroom yesterday when sis was here. Shock, horror. *Shock* The task was no easier or less boring than it is on a Friday, but it had to be done. I then remembered the promise sis and I made that we’d throw out at least one item a day. Hubby wasn’t around so I chucked an old sundress, two hats and a dead loo roll instead. The house looks so much tidier now.*Rolleyes* After that I faffed about a lot, as is my habit, including randomly choosing my spiritual insight card for the day which read -

‘When you look with the eyes of love, you will discover God in everything.’

I’ve had that one before this week; a strange coincidence out of a pack of 78. Maybe it’s trying to tell me something, but I still wasn’t looking in the mirror, thank you.

1.00pm

By this time hubby had returned home and as it was sunny for the first time in ages, he headed straight out to mow the lawn. I poddled out to feed the birds, told him about his uncle phoning and suggested maybe he should have called to inform him we already have a new television. I received no apology, just a few grunts, but remembered I am looking through eyes of love today, so smiled sweetly. Tomorrow is another day and revenge is sweet. *Bigsmile*

I decided on a quick Wii session before lunch, but avoided the Body Test, knowing it would probably inform me I’ve gained fifty pounds from supping lager with sis. I completed a few muscles exercises then realised the grandmonsters are staying overnight, so lugged all the beds and cots around in preparation.

2.00pm

I made a light lunch and decided to watch a DVD a friend gave me a long time ago about the making of the show ’Love’ at the Cirque du Soleil. I so wish we could have afforded to see it when we visited Las Vegas last year. I planned on flicking a duster, but the DVD was so good I decided to just look at the mounting dust through the eyes of love and leave it. A blind man would be pleased to see it. I don’t believe in bucket lists, but if I had one, seeing that show would now be near the top of my list.

2.30pm.

Hi Ho Hi Ho. It’s off to hospital we go. It’s now been five solid weeks of visiting and the second time for Dad as a patient in there this year already. It’s starting to feel like my second home, but more a house of horrors than a luxury residence. Nothing much has changed, there’s little to report, confusing information and mixed messages. There’s talk of moving Dad to the geriatric ward, but it’s closed at the moment due to an infection. Very reassuring.

4.00pm

Arrived back from the hospital just as Paul and family parked up on the drive. I've spent the many hours since then finger painting, making playdough cheese, reading fairy tales, crashing talking cars, emulating a human skittle and wishing I had the same energy as the grandmonsters.

9.00pm

The kids are finally asleep upstairs. Hubby is asleep in his throne. Paul and Mey Ling are out at a party. I don’t feel too creative or poetic for some reason, so I think a last glass of cheer before retiring is as much as I can manage. Tomorrow is another day…much like this one I suspect. I wonder what wise advice my spiritual insight card might offer?

I just hope I don't pick the same one again or I'm certain I'll be needing some rose coloured glasses.


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691523-A-Day-in-the-Life-of