*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695351-Life-is-Good
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#695351 added May 5, 2010 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Life is Good
Word count: 511

Life is good. Life is weird. Be careful what you pray for because you could and probably will receive the item. Never presume your credit is in the toilet, you may have enough to receive a small loan. This is the extent of my wisdom on Wednesday, May 05, 2010.

I qualified for a small loan and my mother is getting a hearing aid for her right ear. I have been praying for Mom to get a hearing aid and my prayers have received an answer. We pick up the hearing aid for Mom sometime next week.

Mom is also getting a new pair of glasses, she has an appointment with her eye doctor tomorrow and she will pick out the frames then. She does not have to wear the hearing aid to pick out the glasses because the hearing aid fits directly into her ear and will not interfere with the glasses.

I thought Mom would get an over the ear hearing aid, but the specialist yesterday showed us an in the ear model. That will be easier for both Mom and I to take care of because I am the one who puts the batteries in. There are a few questions I am going to have to ask the specialist next week.

This is the first experience I have had with a hearing aid, all though I suspect it will not be the last. Eventually, I am going to have to have a hearing aid. I have high frequency hearing loss, so I can still hear low frequencies and human voices (most of the time).

This experience has taught me one thing be audacious when you pray. Do not be afraid to ask for what you need or what you think you need. Remember, “Ask and ye shall receive…” because if you do not ask you may not receive.

It is also a good idea to be careful what you pray for because the answer comes in unexpected ways. I have to pay for Mom’s hearing aid; this is only fair because someone has to make the hearing aid. When God answers prayers, He (the divine essence) considers everything that the answer entails. Therefore, one cannot expect to receive a material item completely cost free because there are other people involved in the creation of that item.

The Divine Essence knew how much Mom needed the hearing aid. Therefore, He found a way for her to get it. I received a post card in the mail from Better Hearing, addressed to my mother, saying it was time for her to have her hearing aid serviced. Mom did not have a hearing aid, so I called them and ask their prices. I made the appointment thinking that getting a hearing aid would put us in a bind for several months. I was surprised that I qualified because the loan will pay for the biggest share of the hearing aid’s price. I am thankful that I qualified and that Mom had enough in her bank account to make the down payment.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695351-Life-is-Good