*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696849-Arizona
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#696849 added May 20, 2010 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
Arizona
    Okay. It's time to stand up for Arizona. Before jumping to conclusions and condemning those legislators, people, especially media and politicians, should read the new law. Then, if you still object, tell us how you plan to defend the people who live there from danger and property destruction.

    The federal government has failed to defend them from criminals, from drug lords, from people who want to invade their property, and confiscate their belongings. These people are Americans. Don't we need to step up and defend fellow Americans? They are not saying keep out legitimate aliens, or alienate certain ethnic groups. They are saying, "Protect us from the guns, the drugs, the kidnappings, the carjackings, the ambushes." They aren't asking to send back people who have real jobs. They do want to control welfare and food stamps to criminals and people who have no plans to get jobs or set up permanent homes. They do want to stop the influx of drugs from China through Mesico into the US.

    Safety first is my motto. Do what needs to be done to stop the violence and to protect the legal residents. Protect everyone from violence, even temporary residents! Stop the stealing, the looting, the destruction. The people of Arizona have a right to protect their lives, their families, their homes, and their businesses.

      I'm not advocating blanket amnesty, but perhaps selective amnesty. Criminals and petty thieves don't deserve amnesty, no matter how long they've been here. I understand that many people come here to escape the violence of their Mexican homes. But if you come here, then make this your home and don't look back. You can't have it both ways. Don't bring the old ways along with you. If you want to uproot your life and seek a safer place, then be prepared for a new life in every way. Learn the new language, the new money exchange, and blend in. Don't make the new place change to your old lifestyle.

    As for the boycott, what stupidity! It won't hurt them. But how can you want to punish fellow Americans? If tourists want to cancel their vacations to Arizona, then maybe they wouldn't fit in very well anyway. Besides, would a boycott even come close dollar-wise to the expense of arrests, extra police, hospitalizations, etc., as a result of the dangers experienced there?

    Either step in and help build the fence, finance the border patrol, educate the children, and give medical and social aid or leave Arizona alone and let them protect themselves.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696849-Arizona