*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696970-Favre-Has-Ankle-Surgery
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#696970 added May 22, 2010 at 6:52am
Restrictions: None
Favre Has Ankle Surgery
All week long grist for the Favre rumor mill kept grinding on topics that lent to speculation about his retirement. It makes you wonder why we have to sit through all that when the biggest story of all was under everyone's noses but no one could ferret it out...until now:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/21/brett-favre-confirms-ankle-surge...

There may be some method to his madness. Perhaps, the tidbits of info about his bet with the Mississippi State men's baseball team was just a weak attempt to get the media to look the other way while he had his surgery. Definitely, having the surgery says he is committed to playing this year, doesn't it?

Telling a bunch of college athletes that his return to pro football depends on them was either the machinations of an inflated ego or some guise to get reporters scratching this gibberish on their notepads. Either way, it's inconsequential. We know the real reason you took so long to go under the knife...to quash any talk of why you don't attend any of those training camps. And just a note, we're getting used to you not being there. Granted full clemency by your warden, don't feel it's necessary to keep your prison blues freshly laundered in case your needed to pick-axe some rock.

It was obvious from the beginning there was a part two to this Viking story. It's clear to see Favre doesn't want people to forget about him while leaving him alone to lick his wounds from another NFL season with his bid for a 20th campaign right around the corner.

Well, now I can hang the banner by saying, 'Welcome back, Brett!' You might not see as many people flock to your annual unretirement party because this is unofficious as it gets for a returning athlete. Now, I'll just bide my time until I spot you in that red 'please don't hit me' jersey.



Is 'unofficious' a word? Too lazy to look it up.


© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696970-Favre-Has-Ankle-Surgery