*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701051-Talk-about-the-long-hot-summer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#701051 added July 7, 2010 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
Talk about the long hot summer
Word count: 599

It is only July and already I am tired of the heat. The hottest part of summer is in August. I took the car to the mechanic on July 1, to have it serviced and brought a cab home because the radiator would not hold water. On July 2, I took a cab back to the mechanic and picked the car up.

On Tuesday, July 5, I went to the clinic for a blood test and then I went to the bank to cash a check. The air conditioner was blowing hot air, so I called the mechanic and took the car back. The mechanic took care of the problem, but it car apparently looses too much liquid when it sweats (I am not sure if that is the term I want), anyway when I arrived home Tuesday I checked under the car and did not see any liquid.

I did not drive the car today because I just could not get around early. Tomorrow I am going to the laundromat in the morning, as early as possible, and then come home. I hope I do not have to go anywhere else tomorrow, I am planning only on the laundromat. However, I will change those plans if the cat starts acting weird again.

Beauty began meowing about 3:00 PM today, she did not sound as if she were in pain or uncomfortable. When I petted her she purred, she just did not want to stop meowing. She ate, she drank water and then she continued to meow. I am not sure of the problem.

The only thing I can figure is that she thought it was too hot. The temperature in the house did get up to 91 degrees, but then it cooled down. The power company can turn the air off on the unit if they need to because of electricity demands. The usually do this during the hottest time of day, which is between 3:00 and 5:00 PM.

If she starts meowing tomorrow, I am going to take her to the vet. There is not any use in taking chance. She has never done this before and the Power Company turns the air off this way every summer. Of course, this year is different because the weather was mild for so long and it got hot almost overnight.

She seems all right now; she ate more after it got cooler. It is cooling down now that sunset has arrived. She meows when my mother or I walk past the chair Beauty is lying on. I am going to keep an eye on her and see if she starts acting ill or strange in any way. She just jumped off the chair, into the bookcase, jumped out of the bookcase and then jumped back onto the chair. I have to say, that is a bit unusual.

She usually lies around all day. She will move from the chair to the loveseat and back to the chair again. She jumps down to eat, drink water, and find someone to pet her. Maybe I am worrying over nothing and then again, maybe I should be worrying.

I am going to get three baskets of cloths ready to take to the laundromat. I will put them in the car tonight. Then if I change my mind tomorrow, I can remove one basket and put the cat carrier in the backseat in the morning. I will still have to do the laundry tomorrow, but I can do that in the afternoon if I take the cat to the vet in the morning.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701051-Talk-about-the-long-hot-summer