*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701085-Busy-busy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#701085 added July 8, 2010 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
Busy busy
A busy afternoon and evening lie ahead and I don't think I will have time to blog until late tonight, at which point I may be very tired. Writing is taking a back seat today.

This morning I woke before my alarm clock, but snoozed when it did go off. I up and ate breakfast, showered, finished my 'Cotton Dress' lotion, and did a session of yoga to a Firm video. Yoga used to be easy with my muscle developed from daily weight lifting, but now my whole body feels entirely different from how I remember it. My balance is off, my tummy is larger and uncomfortable to bend, I'm not nearly as flexible as I used to be, and my arms get so tired so fast... It's really embarrassing and awful, and I plan to take yoga or fitness courses at college. I found the email address of the assistant director of wellness and fitness at my college and sent her a message asking if any dance, yoga, weight training/conditioning courses would be available. I enjoyed similar courses in high school and plan to continue them in college.

My desk and half my room is a mess right now and I need to tidy it. I'll get around to dusting and vacuuming another day... There is too much to be done today and tidying is where it will have to stop. To be honest I'm not really sure how it got so cluttered and dusty so quickly after I role played homemaker so recently. But I do have some confidence in feng shui and believe that a cluttered room is unhealthy and unproductive - my allergies are telling me so with my struggle to find my college info, banking info, notes and other paraphernalia to vouch also. This is not to say that I have special furniture and pictures and candles, etc., but messes and dust are just plain distracting.

I am loading pictures on my computer to add to my MP3 player. I love being able to carry pictures that mean something special to me - my family pilgrimmage to the UK in 2008, favorite pictures of family and friends, and some other photos that I am searching for. Hopefully I can figure out how to put videos on it, too, although that isn't necessary. Putting so much music on my MP3 player without having a message pop up saying no more data can fit actually makes me nervous. But I am enjoying my new gadget though it isn't touch screen or high tech in any particular way. My parents are conservative in their belongings and expenditures and I have grown up believing that things don't have to be flashy to be quality.

Here's hoping you have relaxing, productive days and I'm off to do my work. I'll be around to comment later.

© Copyright 2010 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701085-Busy-busy