*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701906-Betrayal-Undone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#701906 added July 19, 2010 at 9:32pm
Restrictions: None
Betrayal Undone
Much to my relief, I found out that the nasty text messages from the hostess were taken from a small comment given by my friend and blown out of proportion. My friend had mentioned to her that I like to go to church Sunday mornings, and might be willing to switch her. I know that my friend was not lying about this - lies are obvious to the intuitive, and when she has a problem with someone she tells them upfront. I know this because I have been on the receiving end before. Although I did not plan to bring it up, I couldn't help myself - the words and fears had cut so deeply, and I was so afraid I'd lost her friendship, that I felt I had nothing to lose.

Actually, I first brought it up with someone I knew I could trust - the waiter who also happens to be engaged to my manager. His first response: "She's not a nice girl. I don't know... she's young..." He waved his cigarette in the air, exhaled a drag, and said, "That's fucked up."

I requested he not tell his fiancée. However, shortly after I went inside, he mentioned the texts to her. He did not disclose the contents of them, but felt it was necessary that she know. Come to think of it, he was right. She was furious - her eyes snapped and her jaw set. But it was good she knew - she complains enough about the general manger who also runs the scheduling. He is the biggest teddy bear and one of the kindest men I've ever met. My favorite manager is certainly the most affectionate, selfless, and genuine person I've ever met. If there is a problem with this girl with the two managers, there is something seriously unpleasant about her - which of course I found out in a real hurry Friday.

Somehow after all that dissipated a great sense of relief was lifted from my shoulders. I am more content than I've been for a while. Their friendship has meant a lot to me.

Actually, the hostess I'd suspected earlier had a few choice words with the less-than-pleasant girl. She made it clear that she'd better be nice to her, and that her texts were uncalled for.

Just thought I'd share that update.

© Copyright 2010 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701906-Betrayal-Undone