*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702333-Planning-a-new-writing-project
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#702333 added July 26, 2010 at 8:44am
Restrictions: None
Planning a new writing project
Word count: 611

WORKING TITLE: A Caregiver Journal
DESCRIPTION: Personal experiences caring for my mother
PROJECTED BEGINNING DATE: Sunday, August 1, 2010
NUMBER OF TOTAL PROJECTED ENTRIES: 365 or 366

NOTES ON THE PLANNING PHASE: I have a specific number of words I have to write in a day. The minimum amount is 500 words for the journal “Writing in Snow” and the maximum amount is 2,000 words. Sometimes I have difficulty accomplishing a 500-word entry for this journal (Writing in Snow), this morning I am composing this entry between my morning chores. I hope to write 500 words this morning and post them before I have to go to work at 11:00 AM. Multitasking is difficult, but it is necessary if I intend to make each day’s minimum writing goal.

INTRODUCTION TO A CAREGIVERS JOURNAL: This phase of the project must contain at least 500 words. The introduction needs to be as complete as possible. It contains background information such as my mother’s date of birth. I also want to include at least one picture of my mother. An Alzheimer’s patient has good days and bad days. A caregiver has good days and bad days.

1. Define a good day for an Alzheimer’s patient, with on example from Mom’s morning or afternoon.
2. Define a bad day for an Alzheimer’s patient and include an example.
3. Define a caregiver’s good day with an example.
4. Define a caregiver’s bad day with an example.
5. Place a picture of Mom at the beginning of the introduction.

MORE NOTES ON THE PLANNING PHASE: This morning, Monday, July 26, 2010, I am getting Mom’s meds prepared for the coming week. This is probably something I need to change from Monday to Sunday. Sometimes I just do not have the time to get everything accomplished in a single day. If I prepare the meds for the entire week and put them in a container holding a weeks supply at a time that takes a bit of the stress off the duties of care giving.

INCLUDE IN THE INTRODUCTION: I have to remember to include the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease in the introduction. I also want to include the way I felt when we received the diagnosis. Mom has other physical issues besides Alzheimer’s disease, so I have to make sure I include those in the introduction to the journal.

6. Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
7. Mom’s other physical issues
8. How did I feel when the doctor gave the diagnosis

I think I have found everything I want to include in the introduction; however, I am not sure. So many things have occurred since the diagnosis in late November or early December of 2009. The doctor gave her diagnosis Mom in late November of last year. She began taking the medication in early December.

Mom does not realize she has Alzheimer’s disease. Mom does not think anything is wrong with her. Lately she has decided she does not need her medication and protests taking the tablets. I will write a description of this in one of the entries. I do not want to go over 2,000 words in the introduction.

I think that instead of creating a journal format for this item, I will use a book format. This way I can use chapters rather then entries. Give each chapter a different title, of course this may mean changing the title after the book is completed, but by then I should be able to think of a good title. I am also considering writing each entry as a story rather then a journal entry, I will try both types of formats and see which one works best.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702333-Planning-a-new-writing-project