*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702414-Lindsay-Lohan-Again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#702414 added July 27, 2010 at 1:51am
Restrictions: None
Lindsay Lohan Again
    Tired of hearing about Lindsay every day? I am. The media should back off. We all love to see self-centered irresponsible celebrities have their downfalls, a kind of justice in the public eye. In this case, it's become obvious that the girl is not going to see the light bulb come on, she won't seek redemption on her own. If you've ever known an addict of any kind, your heart should be breaking for her by now. She needs professional help, psychological, legal, and financial. She needs a caretaker other than her parents.

    It's a shame that such a young life has to go to waste. If she doesn't change the course of her life, there is an early grave waiting for her. No one would enjoy that. The media needs to stop feeding on her misery. She is miserable. Her fame and fortune cannot mask the pain she bears, the lack of control that is destroying her. Comedians and writers are just as bad as the reporters; they need new material.

    And while I'm cutting fallen celebrities some slack, the David Hasselhoff jokes are stale now, too. The man had a problem, and he's tried to deal with it. I don't know his success, and I don't want a report on it. His daughters need a break from the jokes and the spoofs. It's a private situation made way too public too long.

    In our own families, we don't want our family troubles aired. Of course, we aren't rich and privileged. We don't have celebrity egos. But once the truth hits the airwaves, it's time to give it a rest and let these folks work things out privately. Addictions are a terrible thing. I've know a few addicts and the families that suffered with them. They need support not ridicule. They need time to struggle with their issues. We shouldn't be adding to their guilt and shame.



© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702414-Lindsay-Lohan-Again