*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702821-Pet-Peeves
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#702821 added August 1, 2010 at 1:42am
Restrictions: None
Pet Peeves
    I have many peeves, but one that I find especially irritating is the nature of a lot of forwarded emails. "If you don't pass this one" or whatever version of that appears, claims that you are part of the problem, don't love your country or aren't very Christian, or some other guilt-arousing accusation.

    The truth is that I delete a lot of mail, even if I agree with its basic premise, because it is badly written, has a lot of junk commentary added by a half-dozen recipients or contains threats however minor. I dimply don't want to pass on even a few good lines or joke or cartoon with a lot of junk included.

    I further believe that most people don't want to hear a lot of anger or one-sided opinions. I don't. So many of these chain e-mails have a prevailing tone of anger and belligerence! I'm not a hot head; I don't like calling people names or making fun of them when I disagree with them.

      These opinion pieces are like the old-fashioned chain letters that warned there would be a death or other disaster in the family if we didn't forward the letter to 10 more people! I can't do things like that to people.

      My advice is delete these emails if you aren't completely comfortable with them. If you like the sender and agree philosophically, you still need to consider the animosity and ill will so many of these letters contain.

    When we have strong feelings, we should share them calmly and politely. We don't need to attack public figures in personal ways or use foul language or wish them any harm. And we certainly don't need to be rude to the people on our own contact list!

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702821-Pet-Peeves