*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702908-Whew
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#702908 added August 2, 2010 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Whew!
And now you won't stop calling me
I'm kinda busy
Stop callin'
Stop callin'
I don't wanna think anymore
I left my head and my heart on the dancefloor
Stop callin'
Stop callin'
I don't wanna talk anymore
I left my head and my heart on the dancefloor...
Sometimes I feel like I live in grand central station
Tonight I'm not takin' no calls
'Cuz I'll be dancin'
I'll be dancin'
--Lady Gaga, Telephone


Holy cats - how long it's been! I have tried to catch up with the dozens of blog entries I have neglected, but I need to head to bed soon. I have a busy, busy day ahead of my tomorrow. I will certainly fit in the next half-dozen or so in due course. So much chaos in my life... I am finally shutting off my 'telephone' and leaving my head and my heart on the... paper. (I am almost finished with a private journal, as a matter of fact. *Smile* It has been so refreshing and such a relief. I am proud of it, though I hope to God no one ever reads it.)

Last day of work today. The first Sunday I've ever left that restaurant with a cool head on my shoulders. I attribute it to increased prayer and meditation yesterday, including a beautiful Confession and Mass, as well as my discreet chewing of my gum. I have a horrible habit of needing to bite or chew on something while stressed - I can't focus otherwise. Now that I've given up biting my nails and, for the most part, emotional eating, which virtually disappeared with the 100mg drop in meds, I have to go to something else. This past week I have shed a few pounds, which also has helped the way I feel, although all of the celebratory sweets - my own Peach Princess, Iced Coffee, a friend's peanut butter pie, and MFM's massive chocolate chip cookies especially for me - have undoubtedly packed them right back on.

Luckily one of my best friends, a 6'1" male whom I have invited on my walks, jogs, and bicycling trips as a result of some recent recognitions of pedophiles, has given me extra motivation to excercise. Some have actually approached me at work, inquiring my romance status, location of school, age... I am actually terrified. Really, I am. Probably sounds paranoid, but honestly, my eyes have been opened. Some of the walks I have been taking of late have involved some of said men - how do I put this? - observing me? That's... politically correct.

Anyway, I was sad to leave work until December. I do enjoy working where I do ...most of the time. I do like many of my colleagues, and most of the managers. We have a lot of fun, and are probably the most candid staff in town, though we are usually professional with customers. Having some of my friends wait on me is a very unusual experience - they are quite different professionally than they are personally. This is not to say they are totally rude behind-the-scenes, because that it not what I mean - I mean they are wickedly funny and frank, whereas professionalism involves a kind of screen between the personality and the public.

What a relief to have two weeks to myself. Well, sort of. There is so much going on... so much activity... Gosh, hardly a moment to myself. Although sometimes I complain about it, and I may not have chosen the chaos for myself, I'm not sure if I could be happy any other way.

Some of my books for the first semester have arrived. The Odyssey, The Aeneid, Fences by August Wilson, and tuesdays with Morrie. I've already read 'tuesdays', which I wasn't a fan of, but I am open to reading the material again. My goal is to read a good chunk of the literature before move-in.

Also, thank you to Deck the Halls for the merit badge.

Merit Badge in Journaling
[Click For More Info]

Awesome Blog sweetie! Love you!

-livewriter buzzzing


It is my very first and a comfort to the little girl inside of me that still wonders if anything she does is ever good enough. So thank you so, so very much, from the depths within me. *Heart*

© Copyright 2010 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702908-Whew