*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702938-Blue-Monday-August-2-2010
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#702938 added August 2, 2010 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
Blue Monday August 2, 2010
Word count: 507

The morning sky is blue with scattered clouds. When I look out my living room window, I see blue sky; however, when I look at the rest of the firmament I see a few clouds.

August blue Monday
Dawn arrived on wings of light
Percolator sings

Blue Monday is a mixed bag of joy and woe. This morning the coffee seems stronger then usual and I did not make it any different from yesterday or the day before. I did open a new can of coffee, so perhaps that is the reason. The difference in the strength of morning coffee is not the brand or the can, but the beans and the blend.

Blue Monday is a metaphor for life, a simile for the soul on the material plain. Prayer and coffee always make the day better. Writing makes the day better. A breakfast of bran flakes and milk make the day better. The morning newspaper makes the day better. Peanut butter sandwiches make the day better.

At 63 years, I decide I do not have to be a role model to anyone. If I want a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast, I can have one. If I want chicken and noodles for breakfast, I can eat as much as I want. If I want pizza for breakfast, I can eat pizza and drink soda. I do not have to eat a traditional breakfast on blue Monday or any other day of the week.

It is blue Monday; today I fixed two quarts of powdered milk. I ran out of milk yesterday so I had to mix the milk this morning. If I drink the two quarts today, I will mix two more for tomorrow. I have plenty of powdered milk and condensed milk. I can mix the powdered milk and add condensed milk if I want.

It is blue Monday; I do not have to work outside the house today. I am not on the work schedule week, so I can work at home. Perhaps I should be blue because I am not going to go to work this week. I can stay home and get work done around the house. I can stay home and get work done online. I can stay home and spend an hour reading the paper or a magazine.

On blue Monday, I do not have to be blue, sad, or depressed. I do not have to overflow with joy and happiness either. I can look for things that make me happy. I do not have to look for anything to make me sad because something will rear its ugly head unasked.

Maybe I need to make a list of things that make me happy. Divide piece of paper in half and list the things that give me joy on one side. On the other side list the people or events that make me laugh. It is blue Monday and there is always the possibility that sadness will overtake joy. I can prevent this occurrence if I have a happiness list.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702938-Blue-Monday-August-2-2010