*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703375-Orange-Barbeque-Steak-with-sliced-potatoes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#703375 added August 7, 2010 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
Orange-Barbeque Steak with sliced potatoes
Word count: 721

1 T-bone steak (You can use any kind of meat or meat substitute you want for the steak because the choice of meat is up to the individual taste. In addition, I usually use one steak because my mother does not eat big portions and one good-sized T-bone is enough for the two of use.)

3 whole small to medium sized potatoes peeled and sliced per person (When I fix this for Mom and me, I use six potatoes.)

Marinade for the Steak


1 cup of orange juice (This can be either fresh squeezed orange juice, froze, or from concentrate. Use your own taste for the orange juice.)

1cup of barbeque sauce (The flavor of barbeque sauce used is up to the person making the recipe, but whatever flavor you have in the house or want to buy when you make this is good enough.)

2 Tablespoons of Italian salad dressing (This is your favorite type of Italian salad dressing, because I use whatever dressing is available in the house when I make a new recipe.)

1 small to medium onion cut and chopped (All right this probably should be a small onion, but the only choice I had was medium or large, so I used the medium sized onion.)

Mix the orange juice, barbeque sauce, salad dressing, and onion together in a good-sized bowl with a lid or cover. After all the ingredients are mixed, then place the steak or other meat into the bowl and cover. The steak should stay in the marinade overnight.

NOTE: This recipe makes enough marinade for one nice sized steak, so if you use more then one steak or some other type of meat you may have to double or triple the recipe.

Fixing the Potatoes


Wash the potatoes before peeling them by placing them in a large bowl and running water over them. Peel the potatoes and then slice them in a bowl. To cook the potatoes, you can fry them, bake them or microwave them. If you fry them (which is what I do) place a small amount of vegetable oil in a nonstick fry pan (electric skillet) with a lid. I place the lid on the skillet and heat the skillet to the appropriate temperature. Once the proper temperature I reached, I removed the lid and place the potato slices into the pan being careful not to splash hot oil on myself or my clothing. I place the lid back on the skillet while the potatoes are frying. I turn the potatoes, using the appropriate utensil, every five or six minutes until they are done to my satisfaction.

NOTE: If you want to add seasoning the potatoes while they are cooking you may. I do not use seasoning because use the same skillet I cook the steak.

After I cook the potatoes to my satisfaction (remembering that I am going to put them back into the skillet after the steak is cooked) I remove them from the skillet. I check to see that there is very little vegetable oil left in the skillet. Then I place the steak with the marinade in the skillet and let it cook. When I think the steak just about done, I put the potatoes back in the skillet and mix them with the marinade. I let this cook until everything is done, then I turn the skillet off and unplug it.

To serve, I cut the steak in appropriate sized pieces for Mom and me. I place the pieces on plates and then put the potatoes on the plates beside the steaks.

NOTE: If you want to fix the steaks on a barbeque grill, wrap the potato slices in aluminum foil with some of the marinade sauce and cook them on the grill.

If you want anything else, serve this with a green salad or a pasta salad. Today, I am serving this with a glass of cold grape juice and ice cream for desert. This is after all summer time and cold grape juice goes quite well with any meal in the summer.

I think this makes enough for two people, but since I have a tendency to overestimate or to underestimate serving sizes, it could server more or less people. It probably servers more people, because I am better at overestimation then underestimation.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703375-Orange-Barbeque-Steak-with-sliced-potatoes