*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703458-December-21-2012-the-Day-the-World-will-end
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#703458 added August 8, 2010 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
December 21, 2012 the Day the World will end
Word count: 517

Today is Sunday, August 08, 2010, and 2012 is a little more the two years away. December 21, 2012 is the day that the world is supposed to end. December 24, 2012 is the day my drivers license is due for renewal. I am not sure that one event has much to do with the other, except that if the world really is going to end on December 21, perhaps I should not waste the money on renewing my driver’s license.

On December 24, 2012, I will turn 66 years old. Maybe I should have an early birthday party that year; just to be sure, I get to celebrate my 66th birthday. After all, I would not want to miss celebrating my 66th birthday just because the world ended three days before my birthday.

On March 19, 2012, my mother will turn 91 years old. Perhaps she and I should celebrate our birthdays together. That way I not only get to celebrate my 66th birthday, but I also celebrate my mother 91st birthday. She and I could go out to a show or poetry reading. We could eat chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream and exchange birthday presents. I could contact my brothers and sister; they could come to Las Vegas and join us in celebrating our birthdays.

To be honest, I do not think the world is ending in 2012. I have several reasons for believing this. First, I owe too much money for the world to end. I will be lucky to get out of debt by 2046, the year I turn 100 years old. I doubt that the world will end before I pay my debts off. Of course, if I do pay them off before December 21, 2012, I will be sure to let everyone know, so they can prepare for the end of the world.

Second, I have heard predictions about the end of the world before. The world never ended. Any more then I saw soldiers marching in the street because the cold war suddenly turned hot. I think that remark needs a bit of explanation. When I was in grade school, a school acquaintance (I will not say friend because I had very few real friends in grade school) said that there would be a war and soldiers marching in the street by the end of the school term. It was just another rumor of war.

Third, ends do not occur. When you break an egg to make an omelet, you do not destroy the atoms and molecules of the egg. In the process of making and eating the omelet, a transformation occurs and the molecules and atoms of the egg continue to exist.

Instead of the world ending, a transformation will occur. The world events occurring today will lead to that metamorphosis or transformation. December 21, 2012 is not a day to look at with fear but with hope and expectation. The events of the present are pushing humanity toward of new awareness of itself as a single species and of the Earth as the birthplace of that species.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703458-December-21-2012-the-Day-the-World-will-end