*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703807-temperance-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#703807 added August 13, 2010 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
temperance 2
In the Tarot of the Saints the 14th Arcanum Temperance is represented by Saint Benedict. By holy coincidence, the theme of todays lesson in the 7-day e-course I am following on "How to be a Monk in the World" speaks of Benedict and his rule of hospitality. The lesson is not only in extending hospitality to the stranger----but also of extending hospitality to oneself. All of those unacknowledged, unaccepted parts of one self. It's about blending light and shadow together to create a full spectrum.

For so long, I have been trying to force myself into a mold deemed "worthy" by the norms of society. To be ambitious, a consumer, an achiever, a mover and a shaker. I am not and have never been any of those things. I have always been a dre3amer, an idealist, a putterer....I NEED lots of down time. My power animal is clearly the manatee....gentle, slow....endangered. I am an old sea cow....an old mermaid. I need to be in and around water, I need time to dream, to think, to pray, to read, to write. I am tired of feeling badly about all that. As i get older, I plan to get on going on being as weird and as goofy as I wanna be. No power suits for me. Floaty skirts and T-shirts are about it.

I am married to a kind, gentle man...who is always in motion...but not a mover and a shaker, either. This is a man who loves watching Keith Olbermann read from James Thurber on Friday nights.

So here's to acceptance, temperance, and hospitality.

© Copyright 2010 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703807-temperance-2