*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703961-Staying-alive
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#703961 added August 16, 2010 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Staying alive
ME:

I keep writing down quips, snatches of conversation. I keep in touch through FaceBook and an occasional phone call. I say hello to most everyone I meet and run across friends, neighbors and acquaintances daily.

Yesterday, I sat with Shannon for an hour or two outside of Out Fest explaining the opportunities here in Missoula. She moved here from Coastal North Carolina. Snow is going to be a surprise and challenge! She does collage... so how to find a job and do her art... like Dirk Lee perhaps?

I bought two prints from Dirk yesterday. Been meaning too and finally remembered when I saw him at a time I had the money on me. I know he can use the money. He decided many years ago to pursue art not money.

And I talked to Travis again and mentioned that I wrote him another poem. Couldn't get him out on the floor to dance though. The youth in their 20s and teen were jumping up and down to music written before they were born. Believe me, "Staying Alive" is great... but it's an old song. (I had trouble staying still...)

I spoke with Steven from Browning. He's my age, Blackfeet and two spirited. He marched in the parade in Browning a couple years ago. Courageous? Yes, since he was a teen. He put up with a lot of shit. When he marched he said he was surprised how folks were supportive.

When I left I thought of taking Tim with me. There's a story there somewhere. I should arrange to meet him for coffee. One never knows... Don't even ask me about Farend. *Blush*

So... coconut ice cream with Shannon yesterday. Ate the last of the cherries I bought yesterday at market today. I'm eating out of my shelves so I can go out and buy new stuff. One can of sardines, one box of potatoes down... will work on the pasta! *Delight*

So life may seem boring but the ideas are flowing and I may be doing nothing more than "showing up for the day" but that must suffice. I'm sure no one is interested that I rearrange and watered the geraniums or that I remembered to pay my phone bill. These things are inconsequential unless neglected.

It's like... the highlights today were talking to a young neighbor who has a felony count to deal with, eating a chocolate-coffee-whiskey cake made by Shonna (of Indulge), seeing a beaver headed down-river at twilight. This is "staying alive".

19,712

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703961-Staying-alive