*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704817-In-the-palms-of-your-hands
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#704817 added August 28, 2010 at 5:34pm
Restrictions: None
In the palms of your hands
*ButterflyG*

"It is within the midst of silence that the soul finds its voice", Shadziane Codrington.

*Quill*

In the palms of your hands

He holds onto winter's frost
the cold, bone cold that stills his land.
How can he complain when you offer him sun
in the palms of your hands?

Black ice. His reflection
of pale light, a weak wintry sky,
twilight a blue the color of veins seeking air
their languid slosh to his lungs that gasp in your warmth,
then arteries' rush, a red roiling race
through holes in his heart
now patched by sun's sear,
hands that staunch bleed
of old winter's frost,

that cold, bone cold that stills his land.
Still, how to complain when you offer him sun
in the palms of your hands?

© Kåre Enga 2010-08-27 [167.185]

*Idea*

"Do not complain of the heat when someone offers you the sun in the palm of her hand." page 529, The Gathering Storm. Too poetic an image to not write something to it. *Delight*

*Reading*

Finished with Knife of Dreams and The Gathering Storm.

Some issues are resolving:

Perrin and Faile: not quite resolved, but Perrin is realizing that he is part of a much larger picture and struggling again with that.

Matrim Cauthon and Tuon: partially resolved and Mat is definitely growing up.

Rand al'Thor: goes down, down, down... very down, in spite of winning the battle against a couple of Forsaken. Struggles with the gathering dark within but in the end... realizes that power is not the only tool. At the end of GS a patch of sun around Dragonmount signifies great hope.

Egwene: Wonderful depiction of how to overcome adversaries with far greater power and resources than oneself. Anyone with a boss in real life should read! I love a scene where she wears red. The lady becomes Amyrlin in more than just word. She earns the respect long before she earns the title.

Verin Aes Sedai: When she agreed to become Black Ajah I despaired; however, there has always been more to Verin than meets the eye. She is one of the true heroines of the Age.

Trakand: Both Elaine (by end of KoD) and Gawyn have personal victories.

As does Aviendha, Siaun, Nynaeve and a host of others. Even Cadsuane will be vindicated at the beginning of the next book.

*Sun*Today is the 2nd day of Autumn here. It is blue, cool and promising a lovely season to come.
60,797

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704817-In-the-palms-of-your-hands