*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704969-Back-In-The-Saddle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#704969 added August 31, 2010 at 1:55am
Restrictions: None
Back In The Saddle
I made it back from the reunion in one piece ... it was actually good to see all my old classmates again. I ended up not being as completely forgettable in high school as I assumed I was. Not that being forgettable is a bad thing; I just wasn't exactly a "talker" in high school. Or an athlete, or a student council officer, or a club member, or the head of the class, or anything else that would give people reason to remember me. So it was nice to know that some people did. I reconnected with a couple of friends I hadn't talked to since our high school graduation, and caught up with a few I didn't even really know in high school. As it turns out, my graduating class - at least the ones that showed up to the reunion - almost entirely either stayed in Sacramento, or moved to the Bay Area or Los Angeles. I guess we're all California kids of one form or another. *Wink*

Got caught up on my WdC emails last night and today, and am now trying to hurry up and finish my "Quotation Inspiration: Official Contest entry in time for the deadline tomorrow night. I finished my Mystery newsletter for this week (I accepted a full-time editor job for it, BTW), and now I just have to finish up the next issue of the UENG newsletter.

My next big project is revamping the "The Dark Society. It's been dormant far too long, and I need to give it some of the same TLC that I've given to the UENG over the years. It's time to kick it up and notch and bring the group back to some of what it used to be. Or maybe even more, if I can manage it. *Smile*

Oh yeah, and I really need to keep studying for the GMAT. I've been slacking off lately, and those deadlines are only getting closer. *Laugh*

Anyway, the summer traveling season is officially over. I don't think my wife and I have travel plans again until Christmas, so we're going to enjoy the hell out of the fact that we don't owe anyone any visits for what pretty much amounts to the rest of the year. Time to enjoy being home and maybe figure out a way to be more productive. *Smile*

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704969-Back-In-The-Saddle