*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707403-Gutless
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#707403 added October 1, 2010 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
Gutless
    Congress should never have recessed without deciding on the tax issue. They put politics first in a shameless way. American individuals and business owners need to now how things will change in only 3 months.

    This will affect the economy. Small business owners will not give out Christmas bonuses because they do not know what will happen with their taxes starting in January. Many individuals will spend less for Christmas, hurting merchants even more. Business will cut back or eliminate gifts to their customers hurting the suppliers of those goods.

    We're already seeing more customers paying cash or using debit cards more when shopping at lower end retailers. In late September, they were paying with smaller denominations, ones instead of fives or tens, fives instead of twenties, coins instead of green. The bottoms of purses and hidden pockets of wallets have been emptied out as people bought household goods and groceries.

  Our congressmen may have secure incomes or more money in the bank than many of their constituents. They are dependent on a company that employs fewer than 200 people. They aren't dependent on the Christmas bonus to pay off year end debts. So they have no compassion for the average taxpayer who is insecure about his financial future. They were afraid to make a commitment before elections. Now they can do anything they want after the elections are over without paying long-term consequences. Meanwhile Joe Entrepreneur can't make his business plans, or adjust his budget for what lies ahead.

    Our congressmen have let us down. They've put themselves ahead of the taxpayers who pay their salaries. They should be replaced with people of more conscience.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707403-Gutless