*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709335-My-mother-is-hogging-the-bathtub
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#709335 added October 25, 2010 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
My mother is hogging the bathtub
Kamál (Perfection), 10 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Monday, October 25, 2010 about 12:17 PM Pacific Time

There was a five or six months Mom did not want to take a bath. She was afraid to get into the bathtub. It was an ordeal to convince her to get into the tub and she would not use the little step stool to sit on. Getting Mom to take a bath is no longer a problem.

For the past several days, Mom has taken two or three baths in the morning. She takes a bath and forgets that she got in the tub, so she runs water and takes another bath. To be fair, Mom does not run water before she gets into the tub. She gets in the tub, kneels instead of sitting down, and then fills the tub to her satisfaction.

When Mom is in the tub, I keep a subtle eye on her. If I am obvious about it, Mom gets angry, so I have to be careful about appearing as if I am monitoring her. The door to the bathroom locks, Mom has not been locking it, but I may consider putting in a new doorknob, one that she cannot lock.

When we go out in the morning, Mom takes only one bath and by the time, we get back home she has forgotten she wanted to take a bath. Mom’s bathing routine means that I have to take a bath by 4:30 AM or I do not get a morning bath. I would prefer a shower, but the tiles in the other bathroom are not fixed.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709335-My-mother-is-hogging-the-bathtub