*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709654-Hair-wasnt-NaNo-isnt-Snow-Still-here
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#709654 added October 28, 2010 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
Hair... wasn't. NaNo isn't. Snow? Still here.
ME:

I function for only part of the day... today was Spanish Circle, this evening will be a reading by Henry RealBird (our Montana poet laureate) and then my writing group. All close to where I live, but believe me, that's far enough on a bad day.

Today isn't so bad... just so-so. Probably need to eat.

I did not write for NaNo yesterday. Today is questionable. At some point it becomes pointless. But, still worth the effort even if numerical goals are not achieved.

No, last year's effort "Blood of the Garlic" isn't edited.

Last night all I could think of was how I'd redo Hair, the musical... I did not like the local performance. The fault was not with the actors. It was the mixing of "1967" and "2010" that miffed me. They didn't get 1967 right (did they try? The costuming and hair wasn't right. The music off.) As for 2010... gender issues and gay marriage as well as no jobs are important to some youth; the "war" is not personal (intellectually maybe, but in 1967 folks were forced to go when they didn't want to, not in 2010).

Thankfully, my friends Margi and Jen were both ab-fab and I already told Jen I loved her performance, just not this production of Hair.

I preferred the universal themes and "Rocky Horror" last week much better.

Still snow glistening on the mountains. Hopefully it sticks on the heights. In the valley we'll have some 50 degree days, maybe even 60. If (and this is a big if) the sun comes out it could be very pleasant. Hoping for no rain for "Day of the Dead" parade on Tuesday, November 2nd. This is becoming a huge event in Missoula. For some, more than Halloween.

Bus trips? I can make loops to: Rapid City, SD; Thermopolis, WY; Forsyth, MT; Dillon, MT; Coeur d'Alene or Kellogg, ID; Polson, MT; and of course, Spokane. May just get on the bus to write. Sleep on the bus at night. Be inspired by new locations I've only bussed through and never visited? That's an idea! Bozeman is on the way to Rapid City. And other combinations are possible as well.

Cloudy and 46 degrees.
20,405

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709654-Hair-wasnt-NaNo-isnt-Snow-Still-here