*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715706-chapter-1-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by maud
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1721565
It is a story of a snow girl who persists her dream of seeking for the light.
#715706 added January 16, 2011 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
chapter 1 (4)
When the daytime comes, she is so sleepy that she goes to sleep unconsciously. It is the roaring blizzard that wakes her up. The wind seems like being nuts, coming from nowhere, rolling up whatever it can insanely. She has been blown down for hundreds of times, rolling down from the top of a small hill to the hill foot, not to mention going one step forward.


Do you want to stop me? She stands up again and tries her best to go up that hill, but the wind is too strong for her to go forward, moreover, she is beaten down by the wind again and again.


“don’t treat me as your plaything!” she shouts loudly to the wildness.


Maybe the wind hears what she said and suddenly there comes a strong one that blows her back so far that the hill seems to be in a long distance.


There is no other way than hiding behind a large tree, waiting for the wind to give vent to its indignation to the as it wishes. She climbs to a nearby tree arduously and her arms encircle the tree with all her strength. Her body nearly flies in parallel with the ground.


When the wind gets exhausted and finally retreats, she is exhausted, too. What is worse, she has totally lost her direction.


Where am I?


Where should I go?


She lies on the snow ground, her limbs stiff as tree branches without any flexibility. There is one moment that she believes she is paralyzed because she can not control her limbs at all. No matter how hard she tries, her limbs cannot move.


I have used up all my strength just in one blizzard.


The clouds are swimming, quietly, mocking at her inability.


How tiny and powerless I am in this mighty nature!


She closes her eyes, with her tears froze in the coldness.


© Copyright 2011 maud (UN: maud25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
maud has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715706-chapter-1-4