*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712176-The-Illumination-of-truth-unconstrained-by-ignorance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#712176 added November 24, 2010 at 10:18am
Restrictions: None
The Illumination of truth unconstrained by ignorance
I believe that God is a force for good.

This requires a definition of good and I just happen to have one. Good is a thought or act that improves a condition over doing nothing at all. If we do nothing nature provides the default...if we act in the name of good we are an instrument of change in the hands of God.

Now before the Organized Religion zealots begin jumping up and down let me throw a little cold water on their party. Christians, Moslems, and Hindu’s and all the rest have been chasing their derriers around in circles for the last 3K years and are no closer to finding the spirit than they were when they started. We have made organized religion the custodians of our sprit and they haven’t done jack with it…Nada! Zero! While science has marched forward and thrown open the doors to the universe these supposed stewards have been asleep at the switch.

They have tried to define God in a bunch of ritual mumbo jumbo that makes about as much sense as a rap star posturing on a street corner….and if you don’t accept their absurd interpretations you get branded a heretic or atheist….God is out there and everybody with a modicum of sensitivity knows it and yet we accept these half- baked explanations as the gospel…

I belong to a church and contribute financially and believe that organized religion does more good than harm….But I do not believe that any of them have a corner on who God really is and if we could ever get past the chains of bogus dogma and take a fresh and unbiased look we might glimpse the Almighty in ways we never dreamed possible.

God is the illumination of truth unconstrained by ignorance. It's a beginning sports fans.




© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712176-The-Illumination-of-truth-unconstrained-by-ignorance